Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Terrifically lush in August

Our garden is always colorful in August, because we've planted a lot of mid-summer blooming perennials and ornamental grasses to go with them, but I've rarely seen it as lush as this year. We have all the excessive rain to thank for this. We had another afternoon thundershower today, and I actually got soaked while out on the riding lawnmower.

It's also been cooler than normal, so the flowers are lasting longer too. Here's what the gardens looked like yesterday afternoon:







© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:38 PM

    Beautiful!...
    I bet you don't miss your 'firehose' routine from last year!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Vicki, I don't miss water, esp. with the firehose, for one second. Cheers, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks stunning Yvonne ! .. I love the use of grasses mixed in with the flowers .. I'm a big fan of them myself ... and yes .. it is so nice not to be fried this time of the year for once !!!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stoping by, Joy. It sure has been an amazing summer. I've never seen the garden as beautiful as this August.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener