Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gardening on stamps


Gotta hand it to Canada Post once again. Last year they issued gorgeous lilac stamps, and now they have lucious peony stamps on offer. They're domestic stamps; one features Elgin Peony and the other the single-cup Coral 'n Gold.

They were designed by Isabelle Toussaint, the same Montreal graphic designer who created the lilacs stamps.

Another little set of stamps of interest to gardeners, issued in December 2007, features beneficial insects: Lady Beetle, Lacewing, Bumble Bee, Dragon Fly and Cecropia Moth.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

4 comments:

  1. I always try to buy and use the stamps with pretty pictures on them. I get quite fed up with the ones with the Queen on them ... guess I've been away from Britain too long to appreciate the royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a stamp collector in a former life, those are gorgeous. Canada has done a good job in picking, I think I like the beneficials best. That moth is stunning.

    Frances at Faire Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! The US has a beautiful set of "Pollination" stamps that are my favorite as well. http://www.usps.com/communications/news/stamps/2006/sr06_048.htm
    I love how they make it one scene, to be divided.

    Yvonne, this morning dispite the 10F temp I had a flock of Robins singing as if it was a beautiful summer day!!! What a sight...what a sound!!! Get ready it's coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are gorgeous! I need someone to write me from Canada...lol! I just got a set of the ones Eve mentions above...they are nice, but I like those peonies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener