Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Find the snowdrops...

So where are the snowdrops? About four feet under, to the left of the bench.

We had an absolutely gorgeous hoarfrost morning which lasted a good long time, almost to noon.

Panicum virgatum 'North Wind' is my favorite ornamental grass. It looks so lovely all winter that it almost pains me to cut it down in spring.

This the hill just in front of our house, and here's how it looks in August. What would we do without the sheer drama of the seasons?

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a contrast of winter vs. spring...something to look forward to, huh? I'm beginning to appreciate the changes of 'real seasons' while looking at all of your wonderful pics (on blotanical). I've never lived in the snow, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Gorgeous winter photos, Yvonne! It's *almost* enough to make me want more snow. But no, I'm enjoying my snowdrops as I write. Better you than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene is just beauitful. I love grasses in my gardens, Yvonne, and although zone 4 is limited I now know to look for North Wind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when we have hoarfrost; it is so beautiful. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there i was admiring all your beautiful winter pictures. then i see your gorgeous august garden...nope, i won't miss winter (especially this winter) one bit.
    cheers
    irena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener