Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Change of season - Welcome September


We're having a week of hot days, and the "official" start of fall is still two and a half weeks away, but the garden already feels different.

Early mornings have an autumnal atmosphere with cool temperatures, heavy dew and mist rising from the pond. The meadow is quickly turning to seedheads, and flocks of migrating song birds are stopping to feast there. I just love this time of year.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture. I can just smell the fresh air and morning dew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Yvonne!! I'm glad you got up early enough to take that beautiful picture!! I would love to sit there with you hand have a cup of coffee and listen to the peeps in the morning mist!! Hope the beautiful weather holds up a bit longer!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne what a gorgeous picture .. you are very lucky indeed !
    I love Autumn .. it can't come soon enough for me .. I'm hoping this will be a colourful one with the trees holding their leaves long enough for me to get some good pictures .. yes .. cool mornings are heavenly to me too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Wow. Did you have to use a smoke machine to get that foggy early-morning quality?

    This time of year - between summer and when Fall starts provides some of my favorite colors - the rusty, browny, deep greens of plants starting to fade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your garden,it is beautiful. I'm hoping you post many fall and winter pictures...Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener