Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sharing the garden: this made my day

I received a wonderful thank you from Diane Wells, who organized a tour of my garden for her horticultural society. Diane's note made my day. Here's what she wrote:

Thank you so very much for giving the North Toronto Horticultural Society a tour of your beautiful country garden. Everyone enjoyed it very much, we were all in awe of the joyful beauty of the landscape you have created. And it looks so lovingly cared for, too.

The wildflower meadow is just stunning, those coneflowers (Echinacea pallida or pale coneflower, right) are the nicest I have ever seen. I got some great ideas from your woodland garden. The four square garden is very special in its "formal informality", as you suggested, and the sundial carved in stone by your husband is truly an amazing work of art. The rock garden is fantastic, too.

I love that you have planted all those trees around your property, and that you put comfy chairs under the big old weeping willow. I was overjoyed to sit under the weeping willow and just take in all the beauty around me.

I think you are an excellent garden designer. I like what you have done on the hillside around your house, your container garden, and the lovely use of grasses in the landscape.

Thank you so very, very much for sharing your gorgeous garden with us. You made us feel very welcome. I feel very lucky to have visited your lovely garden, and I am glad that it belongs to a lovely person like you.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful compliment Yvonne...I'm sure every bit of it is true!! Someday...I'm coming to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eve: I hope you do come to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener