Sunday, July 20, 2008

A great weekend of rain

Rainbow from two weeks ago

I was beginning to get cranky about the lack of rain - no rain for two weeks. On top of that we're in the middle of heat wave that looks like it's going to stretch through another week.

Then last night came relief in the form of 1 and 3/10ths inches of rain, delivered nice and gentle through the night. Today stayed humid, but remained overcast so plants and people (me at least - and also the garden club folks from Mississauga who came for a tour) enjoyed a respite from the heat.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you during our rain Yvonne!!! My pond has a little water again. Now, I guess I'll be mowing the lawn again!!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener