We finally placed another one of my husband John's carved stone pieces. It's a water feature made out of a piece of polished black slate. It has a hole drilled through its length for water to come bubbling out the top.
There was a lot of trial and error to set it up. It has a plastic basin reservior that's sunk into the ground, but the first basin John tried was too small, and too much water spilled outside the basin so it couldn't be recirculated. Just the situation for running the pump dry.
We dug a bigger hole and installed a larger basin, and now the water feature is finally running. All we need to finish the project is more pea gravel to cover up the black plastic top. I'll post a picture once that is done later this week.
Our tractor has a front-end loader, which can be removed and forks put on. Both the loader and forks are hugely useful.
A couple of weeks ago, we used the forks to move a large balled and burlapped crabapple to its planting spot. I don't know how we could manage a lot of the jobs around here without our trusty John Deere. The same goes for my handy husband!
A couple of weeks ago I used the tractor bucket to mix up all the potting soil to plant up my too many containers.
Honoring Michael Reichmann – The Founders Page
15 hours ago