Sunday, June 01, 2008

After a decade: more before and after

I written about my husband John's rock garden before. This link tells the story of how it came to be.

Pretty gorgeous, but before that...

The pictures below show its progression from a mere rock pile rescued from the bulldozer. The rock used to be part of the foundation of a barn, long gone by the time we bought our property. The construction from beginning to end took John two years, working weekends and holidays in the summer.

What have I got myself into?

Cutting and shaping the stone


Adding the gravel and soil mix


Planting weekend - almost every single plant grown from seed

How the garden looked last month

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

4 comments:

  1. This is such a tremendous accomplishment! Just a fantastic work of art!
    Cheers to John!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Fantastic!
    Very Impressive!
    A true work of love which became art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Yvonne,

    You have done a splendid job, the before and after are just worlds apart.
    Kudos to you woman! Do you tours of your garden at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To anon: Yes, you can find out more about touring our garden here:http://www.flower-gardening-made-easy.com/our-garden.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener