Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Best fall color - more trees and shrubs

Although there are still golfers playing at the course across the road from us, Toby and I have been able to start having morning walks there. If we get there early enough, we done before there's any danger of balls hitting us. The course has some magnificant trees, such as the oak above.

The sugar maples have colored beautifully this year

Our shrub border with eastern redbud,
double-file viburnum and cotoneaster

Our magnificant little black gum tree (Nyssa sylvatica)

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eye-candy!!

    I read your info. on the Nyssa sylvatica on your previous blog and the link you provided and I love it.
    I am difinitely going to look for one as it should do quite well on our claye, very moist, low lying property.
    Later
    Salix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Nothing could be nicer than your delightful Nyssa. Don't often see them that good round here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne

    Such lovely colour - Autumn (Fall) is probalby my favourite time of the year. Nice shots.

    Best wishes, Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  4. The golfcourses are the best places for quiet walks early morning! Oh my you've had much more frost in your location of Canada! Here by Lake Ontario we've only had frosted roof tops...roses still blossoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just outstanding Yvonne! That last picture of the black gum looks like a mirrored image!! It looks like two gum trees and it doesnt help that the trees to the left are mirrored in the opposite direction!!
    That color is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener