Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First real SNOWSTORM of the season...


This was my job late this afternoon - clearing our 250-meter laneway so that my husband could drive in coming home from work. Even after the snow-clearing, it's still necessary to use four-wheel drive as there is a slight rise near the garage.

There is a right way to do this job: blow the snow with the wind, which is easier said than done, as we don't want to shoot the snow or the odd piece of gravel into the windows at the house. The tractor doesn't have a cab, so I looked and felt like a snowman after the job was done.

It's supposed to snow and blow all night, and I can't wait to see what it will be like in the morning. Already we have several feet of snow and they're saying that most schools and the university will be closed. Reminds me of my childhood near snowbelt London, Ont. Yippee! Snow day!

1 comment:

  1. I was using a regular push snowblower this morning so I could get to work, and wondered if there was a "right" way to direct the snow coming out of the nozzle. Like you said, I was mostly just avoiding spraying my house, the neighbor's house, or a just-cleared patch of driveway. I'll have to remember to go with the wind whenever possible... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener