Monday, October 16, 2006

Frosty morning pictures

No time for words this morning, so pictures will do. It was one of those frosty mornings when getting out the camera is mandatory, no matter what else has to be done. Despite bad weather last week, the fall garden colors are still pretty splendid. I had my Nikon set on "Vivid" today as an experiment, kinda like the old Fuji Velvia 50 film I used to love.

Getting another shot of the sumac at the silo from the farm pond side:


Shooting from the silo side of the pond, showing the plantings beyond the pond:



This is shooting towards the house and barn over the farm pond:

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as always... did I just say that on your last post, too? I hope you don't mind, but I set your second pond picture as my wallpaper on my computer so I could keep admiring it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind, heck, I'm flattered. I just wonder if the file is big enough to be computer wallpaper?

    YC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I love the last view looking across the pond. I am also enjoying your garden notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall colours in these pictures are stunning!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener