Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wishing you a cosy winter solstice

Today is winter solstice which brings the shortest day - and the longest night - of the year. The good news is that after this the days will start to get longer.

Here at my country garden, the snow is knee-deep, courtesty of two storms this week, one of which felt like an old-fashioned blizzard. Looks like we have a white Christmas in store, and I'd like to wish you all a merry one, and a happy New Year.

© Yvonne Cunnington, Country Gardener

4 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne! That is a beauty of a wreath! Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year too! Let's hope we don't get much more of this white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wreath--we have about 3 inches on the ground here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, Beautiful wreath - natural, simple: always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is coming!!! YAY!!! Sorry, I'm just a little excited about that.

    The wreath looks so charming with the dusting of snow. We've had snow, too, but it's not usual for us (I'm in the PNW).

    Happy Holidays!

    ~Angela :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener