Thursday, May 31, 2007

The rock garden with sculpture


It was a lovely still morning with an overcast sky and no wind. John had asked me to take some pictures of his rock garden, and this was the perfect day for that.

We made the troughs in the centre - three of them are hypertufa - and one John made out of limestone, his first stone carving project.

The limestone sculpture in the middle started out as another one of his trough projects, but the stone happened to have a crack, so he carved a sculpture of an embracing couple. Is it us, the two gardeners here? Maybe...

The picture below is of one of his prized Lewisias, grown from seed and planted into the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... he does lovely work with limestone! I know you said earlier that you haven't been much for rock gardens, but I adore these pictures you post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi blackswamp girl: Nice to hear from you. Indeed, I do like John's rock garden very much.

    Cheers, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I have a new country garden blog and I will no longer be publishing comments at this blog. If you have a question or comment about the topic here, please use the contact form at my new blog to get in touch with me.

-Yvonne, aka Country Gardener